New 4-6 year Olds (Initiation Level) - Hockey School (IP) (4-5 year olds) and U7 (5-6 year olds) House League
RETURNING 5-6 YEAR OLD PLAYERS will need to choose either Hockey School or U7 when you register, please review the below skill descriptions in order to best register your child for their skill level and then click the Register button.
- Participants should have basic skating skills prior to considering signing up with the U7 Division. Children need to be able to be on the ice without a parent and must be able to fall down, stand up, move on their own and be independent on the ice.
- Hockey School is designed to teach the basics of skating, getting up from the ice, forward skating and balance.
- Ice times are approximately two times per week for U7 and once a week for Hockey School (IP)
- Ice times for U7 are Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Ice time for Hockey School (IP) is Sunday Morning
- Every player takes a turn at being the goalie in U7
- Jersey and socks are included with registration, however players may need to come to the first ice session in their own jersey and socks
Hockey School (IP) is for all 4 year olds and any 5 & 6 year olds that are new to hockey.
Participants are taught the basics of hockey with Rich Vrataric and his instructors with the Millennium Hockey Academy.
We follow the predesigned Hockey Canada program for skill building at this age, there are no formal games. Sessions will be on Sunday Mornings
This program will see the players always on the ice together in one group. This level is strictly about learning the skills of hockey through small area games, skill stations and is all about having fun and learning!
U7 is for 5 & 6 year olds; a participant can be moved to Hockey School if more work on their skills would be best for them. Players at this level are generally not in their first year of hockey or without the basic skating skills.
This program will be compliant with the Hockey Canada regulations of half ice programming.
Players will participate on teams with a Coach and a Trainer. Practices will be run with assistance from Rich Vrataric and the Millennium Hockey Academy Instructors
Players will participate in cross ice games after the first few weeks
If there is any question about which division your child should be enrolled in, please contact our registrar @ [email protected]
To Register for Hockey School
(4-5 year olds) or U7
(5-6 year olds) click HERE
or for All New participants follow the instructions below:
- Click and complete the New Registrant HCR Set up form HERE
- Once completed, the form will be sent to our Registrar who will set up your Childs profile on the Hockey Canada Registry
- When completed the Registrar will advise it has been completed
- Once completed you can register your child
For any other questions you may have, please see our Registration FAQ's HERE