Hockey school Uniform Pickup will be Wednesday, October 11, 6pm to 7pm in the Rec Park Lobby
Hockey School Information
For all children under the age of 7 that are new to Minor Hockey, see the information below to help determine which program your child should be registered into.
Hockey School (IP) is a program for all 4 year olds, and any 5 and 6 year olds that are new to hockey and do not have good skating skills. Participants are taught the basics of hockey with Rich Vrataric and his instructors with the Millennium Hockey Academy. We follow the predesigned Hockey Canada program for skill building at this age. There are no formal games.
U7 is for 5 and 6 year olds. Players at this level are generally not in their first year of hockey, or they are new to Hockey but have good skating skills.
To Help you choose either Hockey School or U7 for your child, please consider the following:
- Hockey School is designed to teach the basics of skating, getting up from the ice, forward skating and balance.
- Hockey School will see the players always on the ice together in one group. This level is strictly about learning the skills of hockey through small area games, skill stations and is all about having fun and learning!
- U7 Participants should have basic skating skills. Children need to be able to be on the ice without a parent and must be able to fall down, stand up, move on their own and be independent on the ice.
- Ice times are approximately two times per week for U7 and once a week for Hockey School (IP)
- Ice times for U7 are Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Ice time for Hockey School (IP) is Sunday Morning
- Jersey and socks are included with registration, however players may need to come to the first ice session in their own jersey and socks
RETURNING 5-6 YEAR OLD PLAYERS will need to choose either Hockey School or U7 when you register, please review the skill descriptions above in order to best register your child for their skill level.
Hockey School Registration
To Register your child for Hockey School, you will need a Hockey Canada HCR Number. See the Registration 2023-2024 page in the REGISTRATION Menu for information on how to register your child.
For any other questions you may have, please see our Registration FAQ's HERE
, or contact our registrar by email [email protected]
Hockey School Ice Dates and Time
Weekly Sunday Practice @ 9:15am-10:15am (East Pad) with coaching staff & development skills coaches from Millennium Hockey Academy
Oct - 15, 22, 29
Nov - 5, 12, 19, 26
Dec - 3, 10
Jan - 7, 14, 21, 28
Feb - 4, 11, 25
League Wide Super Saturday, March 16th, 2024 (Half Ice Games x 4 teams with Medals/Team Pizza Party) Ice time TDB based on Master Schedule for this Event